Hardware requirements: Android
The minimum Android SDK version is 11, meaning Android 3.0 (Honeycomb;
released in 2011). For development, we have used:
- Asus Transformer Prime TF201 (Android 4.1.1) — nice keyboard with an
extra battery in it, though WiFi only with no 3G connection.
- Sony Xperia Z2 tablet (available in WiFi and 3G versions), with
Hardware requirements: iOS
- We suggest an iPad or iPad mini; iPhones are probably just too
small. CamCOPS has been tested on an iPad 2 and works fine.
- A physical (e.g. Bluetooth) keyboard is useful if you plan on using the
clinical clerking aspects or other tasks requiring significant typing.
- Not much information is stored on the tablet (it’s shipped periodically
to the server) so we think any model of iPad will do.
Hardware requirements: server
Any computer capable of running Linux/Apache/MySQL should work.