1. By using the Cambridge Cognitive and Psychiatric Assessment Kit application or web interface (“CamCOPS”), you are agreeing in full to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use the software.
2. Content that is original to CamCOPS is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this software except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
3. Content created by others and distributed with CamCOPS may be in the public domain, or distributed under other licenses or permissions. THERE MAY BE CRITERIA THAT APPLY TO YOU THAT MEAN YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE SPECIFIC TASKS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO USE EACH TASK. The authors of CamCOPS will not be held responsible for any consequences that arise from your use of an unauthorized task.
4. While efforts have been made to ensure that CamCOPS is reliable and accurate, the authors and distributors of CamCOPS are not responsible for errors, omissions, or defects in the content, nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages, in whole or in part, resulting from your use or any user’s use of or reliance upon its content.
5. Content contained in or accessed through CamCOPS should not be relied upon for medical purposes in any way. This software is not designed for use by the general public. If medical advice is required you should seek expert medical assistance.
6. Regarding the European Union Council Directive 93/42/EEC of 14 June 1993 concerning medical devices (amended by further directives up to and including Directive 2007/47/EC of 5 September 2007) (“Medical Devices Directive”): CamCOPS is not intended primarily for the diagnosis and/or monitoring of human disease. If it is used for such purposes, it must be used EXCLUSIVELY FOR CLINICAL INVESTIGATIONS in an appropriate setting by persons professionally qualified to do so. It has NOT undergone a conformity assessment under the Medical Devices Directive, and thus cannot be marketed or put into service as a medical device.
7. THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT DESIGNED FOR USE BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC. BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS SOFTWARE YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU ARE A CLINICIAN, AND THAT YOU RETAIN RESPONSIBILITY FOR DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT.
These terms and conditions were last revised on 2014-09-05.